Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pizza, Pizza!

The past two nights I've been making pizza for dinner because I got a deal on the pillsbury pizza crust, 4/$5.00.  The first pizza I adopted from Eggs On Sunday.  The second two I just kind of winged and made up as I went along.
Due to the red pepper flakes in the following recipe, the pizza had some spice to it.
DSC03726
Zucchini and Goat Cheese Pizza
Ingredients
1 roll refrigerated Pillsbury Pizza Dough
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
a pinch of hot pepper flakes
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 ounces fresh goat cheese

Directions

If you’re roasting the squash, preheat the oven to 425. Lay the slices of squash out on a sheet pan, brush them with olive oil on both sides, and sprinkle with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper. Roast until the bottoms are brown, then flip and continue roasting until the tops have started to brown as well. This usually takes me about 20 minutes total.  Set aside.

For the pizza, keep the oven on 425  degrees F. Roll out your pizza dough onto a cookie sheet.  Mix the shredded cheeses with the garlic, then top the dough with the cheese, hot pepper flakes, roasted squash slices, and crumbled goat cheese.

Bake pizza until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling, about 10-15 minutes.


The second pizza was made from a mistake.  Initially I tried to roll the refrigerated dough into a ball to stretch it out into a circle.  But the dough resisted and would not thin out.  My dad and I tried to salvage the dough with some type of pizza instead of just wasting it away.  For this we just spread some garlic on the dough, topped it with a few slices of muenster cheese and chopped lap soung (chinese sausage).  The crust was much more thicker on this pizza, and it turned out interestingly well considering it was almost just a piece of dough in the trash.  The uncooperativeness of the dough is the reason for the  lack of symmetry.

DSC03718

Chinese "Pepperoni" Pizza


The third pizza I made on a different night. I wanted a caesar salad inspired pizza. I rolled the pizza dough onto a cookie sheet and covered it with caesar dressing for the sauce. Then I used the remaining mozzarella cheese from the night before, some shredded dutch cheese I found in my refrigerator, and a little bit of minced garlic. Then I used a can of anchovies and sliced a few small tomatoes to top the pizza.

DSC03735

Caesar Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment