Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Egg-In-A-Hole

Since boiling them, I've become ambitious with eggs.  Before, I was afraid I would undercook them and be responsible for giving someone salmonella poisoning.  However, this morning I made an egg-in-a-hole for my brother.  This breakfast is also known as "Toad-in-a-Hole," or I've even heard it called a "One-Eyed Egyptian".  My mom and dad used to make this frequently for my brother and I when we were younger.  I remember the best part would be the leftover hole because they would put it on the stove and make a little piece of toast.  It was so buttery, and I would always wish I could just have whole pieces of this toast.   So his was my attempt at making it, my only downfall would have to be brushing the bread with olive oil instead of using butter because my brother noticed and commented on the difference in taste.
DSC03703

No comments:

Post a Comment