Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Big Apple Sausage Pancake

Almost every morning I will wake up and ask my brother if he's hungry. And usually the answer is yes. My favorite thing is to try find something I can make, especially since he is my little guinea pig and will eat almost anything. This morning I was digging through our freezer and found these sausages. I found on the back this recipe, and I decided to try it since I had everything it required. It turned out like a huge cakey, muffiny, pigs-in-a-blanket flavored pancake. My brother, Will, said "smells good" and could not wait to eat as this recipe was a first timer and completely unexpected.
DSC03801
Baked Apple Pancake with Sausage
From the back of the Hormel sausage package

Ingredients:

1 package (12-ounce) maple-flavored HORMEL® LITTLE SIZZLERS® Pork Sausage Links

2/3 cup milk

1 egg beaten

2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

 1 cup buttermilk baking mix

2 tablespoons sugar

 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 cup finely chopped apple 

Directions:

Heat oven to 400°F. Grease a 10-inch round pie plate. Prepare sausage links according to package directions; drain. In large bowl, stir together milk, egg, and melted butter. Combine baking mix, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; add to milk mixture. Stir in apple. Spread in pie plate. Arrange sausage links in spoke fashion on batter. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with syrup, if desired.

DSC03806

No comments:

Post a Comment