Monday, August 24, 2009

Fail.

This is completely embarrassing and I don't know why I'd even attempt to try making fried chicken alone when I've never even made chicken before.  My plan was to make chicken and waffles, an idea that has been schemed across many diners, drive-ins and dives shows I've watched recently.  Faulty is placed in following a recipe intended for 2 1/2 lbs. of chicken.  Then there is the fact I lacked buttermilk, flour and Ritz crackers.  So I substituted with half and half, bisquick mix and Triscuits.  I had my mind set that I was going to make fried chicken, regardless.  This was not even the worst part.  I think I win here for being an idiot when I poured oil into a heated pan.  Oil started splattering everywhere.  I'm surprised I survived and am not a mishap burn victim.  Well, despite these unfortunate events, the chicken started to look fairly decent.  It had a nice brown crispy coat of crushed crackers.  But when I cut into the meat to make sure it was cooked, it was as it had never even touched heat. 
DSC03861
It will be a while before I try making chicken again. Or at least until I am officially trained.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Luckily you didn't get burned. Could the chicken go in the oven to finish cooking? Don't give up...

    ReplyDelete