Wednesday, July 29, 2009

spaghetti sandwich

Hmm kind of like a meatball sandwich, minus massive meatballs.  Kind of like spaghetti, minus the huge factor of spaghetti noodles.  This sandwich was slightly soggy, but I blame it on the weak bread!  I should have used some real sturdy sourdough, or at least pre-toasted this limp and sorry excuse for substance (jk on bread comment, not on pre-toasting).  I made this for Julian for lunch, and he asked why it was soggy.  Could have been travel time (5 min? haha), the bread, or the heavy duty sauce.  The sauce is good though, my dad made it and I ate it minus noodles.  Pretty much anything in the crockpot I will eat, but that's usually because it's beans!
DSC03632
Spaghetti Sandwich
Ingredients:
Dad's Spaghetti Sauce
2 slices Mozzarella Cheese
2 slices Sourdough Bread

Directions:
Spread the outside of the 2 slices of bread with butter.  On the inside, spread the spaghetti sauce and layer with the cheese.  On the stove top, proceed to cook the sandwich as you would a grilled cheese sandwich.



No comments:

Post a Comment