Sunday, August 23, 2009

Pancakes, Approved.

This morning I made peanut butter chocolate chip pancakes using Hungry Jack pancake batter for my base.  I was successful in cooking these thoroughly, and flipping these without the intestinal goo(uncooked, inside of the pancake) flinging everywhere.  I used about 2 handfuls of semi-sweet chocolate chips, and a heaping spoonful of chunky peanut butter.  The batter produced about 6 silver dollar sized pancakes.
DSC03839
Then I tried to get creative with my waffles.  This is where things got ugly.  Usually I'm really good at making crispy waffles on the waffle iron.  For my waffles I use Krusteaz Belgian waffle mix.  Once I tried substituting with Hungry Jack and following those instructions for waffles, but my end product was limp and soggy.  So now I rely on Krusteaz again.  Well, today I tried adding marshmallows to my batter, but it made the waffle split in half, leaving me to scrape off the remnants from the scorching hot iron to keep the scraps from burning.  This is my failure of a waffle.
DSC03841

No comments:

Post a Comment