Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sour Cream Chocolate Cookies

I made these at my aunt and uncle's house because my aunt had extra sour cream she needed to use so I found this cookie recipe.  They were extremely moist and had a strong cocoa flavor.


DSC01362
Sour Cream Chocolate Cookies

from Cookie Madness

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or use a mixture of chocolate and white chips

Preheat oven to 350 degree F.

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and both sugars. Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chips. Drop by rounded
tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes
or until set - do not overbake. They should still look kind of moist on top when you take them out. They will set as they cool.

Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

Makes about 3 dozen



DSC01369
I also made the levain cookies again, but this time I used chocolate chips instead of chunks. I prefer the chunks better because they melt more and seep into the whole cookie, where the chips stay moist and gooey but in their respective places more or less.

(These pictures are slightly blurry since I used my aunts camera and could not figure out how to focus on the actually cookie itself or take close-up shots.)

No comments:

Post a Comment